7 “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
These words might sound familiar to you, as it’s the same words spoken by Moses to Joshua and Israel in yesterday’s devotion. The only difference is, now Moses is dead. His predecessor, and a servant of God. Joshua had to hear these words a fresh from God himself. He had to be reminded that he is not alone. Joshua is not achieving victory based on Moses’ legacy or out of his own strength, but his victory is based in the God of Abraham, of Isaac and of Jacob.
Often, just before we embark on a new journey (like coming to Shanghai), we have loved ones and friends encouraging us and telling us we will do great. But as soon as they are gone, we tend to lose courage. It’s especially in times like this that we have to be reminded, like Joshua, that if God is for us, no man can be against us.
Be courageous. Go and do what God has called you to do
Thoughts for the day
- What promise or scripture do you need to hear or read a fresh to encourage you that you are not alone?
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Today, take a moment, wherever you are, to REJOICE in God’s goodness: Read a Bible passage or listen to a song that helps you to connect with God.