10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”
We often speak of the crucifixion and resurrection as a pair but it is more of a trinity we are thinking of – the crucifixion, the resurrection and the ascension. When Jesus ascended to his Father it was his coronation, (Daniel 7:14), it assured us that the bridge between God and us is secure and it was the necessary event which led to the coming of the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit who gives us the power to be witnesses of Jesus, to be the light in dark places and to serve in his name.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
When challenges come we can so easily forget where our identity comes from. Today take time to pause and be reminded of God’s love for you.