36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”
Peter is speaking immediately after the disciples had experienced the baptism in the Holy Spirit as Jesus had promised. The whole encounter (Acts 2:1-4) was evidence again that Jesus was a trustworthy witness, i.e. what he said would happen, happened! Also, it was the fulfillment of a much larger prophecy which also establishes the true identity of Jesus. (Joel 2:32; c.f. Psalm 110:1) And YOU crucified him! It is the mercy of God which allows to come back to something we missed, an encounter with Jesus where we were too busy, to preoccupied with other things or we rejected him. This time . . . open the door!!
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28. Be still and allow the presence of Jesus to bring you rest right now.