12 See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.
Verse 12 warns us of a sinful and unbelieving heart. Those symptoms ultimately lead us away from a relationship with the living God. That is why it is so important for us to encourage others; make it a routine habit in our lives, daily even. As a community of believers, verse 13 reminds us that our words used in this manner helps our friends and families to ward of sin and deceitfulness. It’s often these small and simple acts that help a friend along the way. We should take notice and do so (Josh).
Thoughts for the day
- Do you surround yourself with a community of believers?
- Do you believe and live as though He loves you very much?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you can share this message with?
Take time to praise today. If you’ve got a phone and headphones, carve out time today to listen to worship music, or a song that helps you to connect with God. Start and end your regular routine with praise (remember, you don’t have to sing out loud!).