7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen.
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
These verses have multiple references to Old Testament passages, Daniel 7, Zechariah 12, Exodus 19. The attributes of God; eternal in nature, almighty and complete in himself are also in Christ; who is coming again. This same Jesus, who has touched us with his compassion, who has called us to himself to shepherd us in life is also the mighty God who will bring an end to the injustice, hold us all accountable and defeat his enemies. Finally!
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
How can I show God to those around me? Ask for guidance or pray for an opportunity to share your relationship with God with the world today. “Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always” Psalm 105:4.