5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
tendency to live life apart from God. Instead of trusting in God, we trust ourselves first. Instead of pursuing God’s wisdom and leaning on His understanding, we lean our own faulty modes of thinking. The greatest lie of Satan is that we don’t actually need God; we can do life on our own, independent of Him.
But of course, we are not created to thrive outside of relationship with our creator. We need to pursue God’s truth, knowledge and wisdom because “His thoughts are not our thoughts, and His ways are not our ways,” (Isaiah 55:8-9).
If you feel convicted that you are not trusting in the Lord with all of your heart, and that you are leaning on your own understanding, then God calls you to repent and submit to Him. Submission is an act of the will, the mind, and it manifests in your actions. The result of daily submission is that God will make “your paths straight” and you will experience wholeness not possible if you live apart from God.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28. Be still and allow the presence of Jesus to bring you rest right now.