Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
This is one of those statements we can find in the Bible that give us some insight into what God knows about us. We can be sure of at least two things concerning how God knows what he knows and what he will do with that knowledge. We know God’s nature is timeless (He is eternal); He is not limited to the categories of “past, present and future” in the same way humanity is limited. God can see everything “all at once”. We can also be sure that His “knowing” serves his “caring”. His “all at once” knowledge of us is how He guides us and protects us, can warn us and comfort us; it assures us as well. When we say, “No one knows me better than . . . we are expressing a deep connection with someone who knows us well. There is no one who knows us better than the heavenly Father. The question becomes, Do we know Him?
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Give God your praise. Give God your praise for the good things you are experiencing and practice gratitude for everything God’s given you at this present moment.