9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.
Brought to fullness, or filled with the fullness. What does this mean for the believer? Barnes commentary says these four things about being ‘brought to fullness’. First, it means we have been filled with the wisdom which is needed to guide us. This wisdom comes from His word the Bible and from the Spirit. Whatever the case, it is wisdom from above. Second, the fullness of the atonement for the sin incurred. Enough for all the world and for all generations past and future! Third, the fullness of merit by which a sinner can be justified. There is no more to be paid. Christ has succeeded and won. And lastly, the grace which is needed to sustain us in the trials and aid us in the duties of life. God will continue to provide in everlasting measures the grace to sustain us.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Life and Protection. Ask this for the nations of the world for Shanghai and all of China and reflect on Psalm 91 .