8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.
In the verses 6 and 7, Paul talks about the man of lawlessness being restrained, till the one restraining him is taken out of way. In verse 8 Paul continues by telling the Thessalonians that the lawless one or the Antichrist will be revealed, but the Lord Jesus will consume him with the breath of his mouth and destroy him with the brightness of His coming.”
The man of lawlessness or the Antichrist
will be the ultimate embodiment of rebellion against Christ. He will probably claim to be the true Messiah. The Antichrist will seek world domination and will attempt to destroy all followers of Jesus Christ and the nation of Israel. (Daniel 7:25, Daniel 9:27)
Nevertheless, the Antichrist is nothing compared to the Lord Jesus. When Jesus returns, He will put an end to the man of lawlessness’s wicked ways. It will only take the breath of Jesus’s mouth to overthrow the Antichrist. Our Lord Jesus Christ is indeed all powerful.
We can have this assurance that as Christians, we are on the winning side. Our Lord Jesus Christ will someday completely stop all evil in this world
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.