9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
We have begun where we started; the one who humbled himself is now exalted. Not as a prize for obedience because he was always Lord but because has added to his vocation the authority to redeem to the uttermost. He is indeed the Lord of Love. Now we are back at the beginning where this Christ hymn is given to remind Christians, i.e. little Christs, how their behavior of pride, arrogance, putting themselves first, (and so on) is not how Christ lived. Jesus lived life in the Spirit and those who belong to Jesus will also live in the Spirit, the Spirit of Love. Stop acting like the Holy Spirit does not live in you and start loving and treating each other the way Christ has loved you.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Identify anything that is making you weary or burdened and give it back to God. You might like to physically represent this by clinching your hands then opening them.