14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”
In verse 13 we read Paul says “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. “But then in verse 14 and 15 Paul unpacks the logic behind the act to call on the name of the Lord. He concludes in verse 15 with unless someone is sent, people will not be able to call on the name of the Lord.
The word ‘preach’ in Greek means ‘to be a herald, to announce’. Thus, it’s not limited only to proclamation from a pulpit but it includes you and me also.
So, be encouraged, take the wonderful gift of salvation and tell it to those around you. Be apart in God’s plan to redeem mankind.
Thoughts for the day
- Who is God’s placing on your heart to share the gospel with?
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Give God your praise. Give God your praise for the good things you are experiencing and practice gratitude for everything God’s given you at this present moment.