35 Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.
This passage forms part of the Ethiopian eunuch’s conversion (31-35). The quotation from Isaiah 53:7–8 was perplexing to the eunuch. Welcoming the opportunity to have Philip explain the passage, he invited the evangelist into his chariot. The Ethiopian knew the passage described an individual but was it Isaiah or someone else? Philip seized the opportunity to present the good news about Jesus from Isaiah 53 to the man who then accepted Jesus as his Saviour.
Similarly, like the eunuch, we might know people who have heard about Jesus but they don’t really know much about him. Perhaps like Phillip, you have been placed at a time such as this to explain to them who Jesus.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
When challenges come we can so easily forget where our identity comes from. Today take time to pause and be reminded of God’s love for you.