1 Blessed is the one
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
2 Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord does not count against them
and in whose spirit is no deceit.
We all make mistakes in our lives. We also commit sin. We know very well mistakes has the potential to ruin our lives. So the burden falls on us to make sure we don’t make mistakes or commit sins. But it is not easy. No matter how hard we try, we cannot seem to live a life free of mistakes and sin.
However, what if we could be forgiven for all the sins and mistakes in our lives? What if we can receive complete forgiveness from the sins and mistakes that can and has ruined our lives? If so, we could live without worry and fear knowing fully well the consequence of sin leads to death. How do you think this life measures up in comparison to what we will experience when we are with God?
David made many mistakes and committed the various sins (including adultery and murder). But he repented to God and God forgave him. There’s no sin or mistake too big for God not to forgive. As a result of this amazing forgiveness, David wrote today’s Psalm. David’s life, which initially led to not only physical death but also eternal death, was restored through God’s forgiveness. God always want to forgive our sins and mistakes just like David.
But what’s equally exciting is we could share the joy of forgiveness. There are lot of people around us, who need our forgiveness and God’s forgiveness. The Lord’s Prayer teaches us to forgive other’s debts in the same way that God forgives our debts (Woowon)
Thoughts for the day
- Is there any sin in your life that you need to repent and ask God for forgiveness?
- Is there anyone else you need to forgive that has harmed you?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray for the leaders of the nations of the world. Pray for the leader of your home country by name.