8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord.
“Once darkness” is another way to say, your life before Jesus, before the light came. The things we did while we were under Satan’s control were fruitless, though they seemed good at the time. However, in the light of Jesus’ shining brightly we can see the things that are good more clearly. Then we read . . . “find out what pleases the Lord”. In the light, we can discover what pleases God. Paul could have given us some kind of comprehensive check list, rather we get the call and responsibility in our generation and in the places where we live to discover what pleases Jesus” What an exciting invitation!!
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray through your contacts! Open the contacts on your phone and pray for everyone under the letter “P”, “S’, “T”.