5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
“In your relationships” can also be translated, “in your common life” or “in your community”. We are Shanghai COMMUNITY Fellowship; we don’t take community for granted – we have to work at it. Our “natural” inclinations are toward, ambition, pride, and the desire for prominence. Yet Christ, whom we pattern our lives after, who was rich yet for our sake became poor, is leading us into a better way. Where is your community life being threatened, and the problem is you! Too much pride, too much self-concern, too much you!
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Follow the ACTS acronym in prayer: Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication (Asking).