6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
It means that because Jesus was equal with God, he did not consider his equality with God as something to be used to his advantage, rather he used his advantage to empty himself. “In the incarnation the preexistent Christ entered the stream of human life as a person without advantage, claiming no special rights or privileges of his own, for the express purpose of placing himself completely at the service of all people. (Mark 10:45)” – Gerald Hawthorne Jesus’ life showed us the value of humanity by serving all of humanity. What does my life show?
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray for wisdom, healing and peace across your home country.