11 And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13 Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.
“Do you know what time it is?” We used to wear watches, now we have smart phones to tell us what time it is. We also have Paul, the Bible and the Holy Spirit to tell us what time it is. The night (the old age of darkness) is almost over and the day (when Christ returns) is near. It’s time to wake up and be ready for a new day by putting on the “armor of light” (Ephesians 6:10-17)
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pause and acknowledge God’s presence wherever you are at this moment.