37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
Jesus’ return will come without warning, like the flood in the Noah story. If you are someone who is following Jesus closely then you would at least be prepared for his coming even if you don’t know WHEN he is coming. This is unlike everyone else who will be going along “business as usual” and will be completely caught off guard when Jesus returns. We must pray for those who are not ready for his return and work to win the lost while there is still time.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Give God your praise. Give God your praise for the good things you are experiencing and practice gratitude for everything God’s given you at this present moment.