8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”
Temptation is a common human experience. You don’t have to be a Christian to know what temptation is all about but if you are a Christian then you will be tempted. The enemy of our souls would love to defeat us in a spiritual battle by confusing us when we are hungry and deceiving us with a version of the truth. We can do what Jesus did, respond to temptation with the truth; truth statements from the Bible. “Oh no”, you say. I can’t quote the Bible, I don’t have any of it memorized. Start today. Of course the more we know the better but only knowing one sentence from God’s Word, the Bible, can send our enemy to flight!
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Wherever you are, take time to acknowledge God and trust in Him again. Give God your worries. Take a moment to give each thing you are worrying about back to God.