13 “To God belong wisdom and power;
counsel and understanding are his.
14 What he tears down cannot be rebuilt;
those he imprisons cannot be released.
This is another way to say, “God has the last word”. We can influence God and “make our case” for a preferred outcome but God is the one with the eternal and perfect perspective. In the end His loving purpose will be accomplished. One way he will do this is by opening “doors” and keeping them open and closing “doors” and keeping them closed! (see Revelation 3:7).
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray for the refugees in Europe and in Hong Kong and those who serve them.