27 On arriving there, they gathered the church together and reported all that God had done through them and how he had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles.
More about open doors. Here the Apostle Paul, his team and the church gathered together to give thanks to God for the “open door” which brought faith to the Gentile, i.e. non-Jewish, world. It is a story which also included being forced out of local synagogues, expelled from the city, rejected and assault by mob violence! An open door does not mean an “easy door”; open doors for the Gospel come at a great price (Revelation 3:8).
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray for our sister international fellowships; AGIF, ICS, SWIF, TEF.