14 This is what the Lord says:
“The products of Egypt and the merchandise of Cush,[a]
and those tall Sabeans—
they will come over to you
and will be yours;
they will trudge behind you,
coming over to you in chains.
They will bow down before you
and plead with you, saying,
‘Surely God is with you, and there is no other;
there is no other god.’”
It is God who raises up and He is the one who humbles; this work belongs to Him alone. He is also paying attention to the times when his people are being “humbled” by others and who is doing it to them. Persecuted, pushed around and provoked, God is watching and waiting for the moment when he will turn this around; soon others will know that you are loved by God (Revelation 3:9).
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
There are 7.5 billion people and 196 countries in the world. How do we start to pray for them? Start with one nation; one that stirs your heart or catches your attention.